Thursday, July 18, 2013

The Homework Saga

Hello! Today was a really nice day spent with my great room mate Julia. We got a pretty late start (I woke up at 11:30 this morning after staying up until 3:00 am...) and then we headed off in search of the library! I found it on the map and we jumped on a bus, then a metro, then walked, all ready to do some homework. Unfortunately for us, it was hidden really well- we could not find it. Instead, we went to Plan B and began searching for a cafe that had WiFi and wall plugs! We decided the best way to do this would be to jump on a random tram and see where it goes! Well...we ended up in a part of town we had never been in before, far away from anything cafe like- it was pretty residential, though, which was really neat to see. I considered it a great adventure. We then hopped back on the metro and scooted over to our neighborhood where we found a quaint little cafe that had WiFi, wall plugs, and very few people! We stayed there for 3 and 1/2 hours chugging away at our homework. We did treat ourselves to a few little things- I got homemade lemonade (very different than any lemonade I have ever had before) and a slice of currant cake- very yummy. We then headed off to the grocery store for some needed items (mainly peanut butter and cereal for me- my staples) and then we headed back home where I have continued my homework endeavor and showered. Quite the productive and adventurous day! Tomorrow we have a field trip that starts very early- 7:45 am, so I am off to bed now. Love to all, until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment