Sunday, June 23, 2013

Vienna, Austria

Hello again, this time from Vienna, Austria! These last two days have been absolutely incredible. Also, due to the fact that we have not stopped going once, my jet lag (which comes in strong waves at inconvenient times) must be ignored and pushed through because of the amazing things around me. So that's a plus in my book. Yesterday, we all spent the day traveling, hiking, and then ended up in a beautiful city called Krumlov in the Czech Republic. Even though it was the first day, I knew from the beginning that it would be one of my favorite cities. It was small, beautiful, and we showed up during the Five-Petalled Rose festival, an annual event similar to a renaissance fair in which all the locals dressed up as royalty or peasants and marched  in a parade. There were all kinds of amazing food  and merchandise for sale. I bought myself a pretty purple scarf along with a hotdog-like food wrapped in a tortilla, corn on the cob, and dessert that has become quite famous in my group of friends, something we call a Tradinkle, (this being a completely made up word for an amazing French dessert that we can't pronounce) fried dough in a curly cue with cinnamon sugar on the outside and warm chocolate on the inside. I will come back to the States missing them. Today was spent in Vienna and it was quite lovely. We visited a palace, ate schnitzel for lunch, had a tour of the city, and then had free time. Julia, Mark, and I spent it at a music festival. Yes...a music festival in Vienna. So amazing. Okay I'm out for now. So sleepy. Love to all. Pictures to come soon. until next time.

1 comment:

  1. Miss you so much but that sounds absolutely amazing!!! I guess our newest baking challenge will be Tradinkles... or whatever they really are.

    ReplyDelete