Friday, June 28, 2013

Making a Vase?!

Happy Friday! Today was just so incredible...I'm not entirely sure my ramblings will do it justice but I shall try. We all woke up very early and headed off to a very small city in the Czech Republic, one that is known for its glass making. The bus ride was about two hours, during which my head rolled around and my eyes fluttered (Im afraid that nasty jet lag is catching up). Upon arrival, the whole bus load of us jumped out and walked into a hot building where many men were working over insanely hot fires blowing glass! It was incredible for so many reasons; the glass they were making was so beautiful andddddd they were all smoking, drinking, eating, and not wearing gloves. They were having a blast! Here comes the good part: after our tour, I was the second one to be able to blow my own glass piece!! I chose the color smoke, and before I knew it, I was making a vase! Ohhhh it was amazing. I then watched my friends for a while and I got to make a second piece, this time a big mug! On this one, I was allowed to create the handle. It was the neatest experience, I could not have asked for anything better. We then went to see one more castle, (171 steps involved in that one) came home, and I
I was stoked about this whole glass making thing...

This is a bone chapel under the castle! There were thousands of bones here...I was fascinated (and slightly creeped out.)

Beautiful view from the castle tower (the stairs were worth it.)

A dessert I bought today...very marshmallow-y.
got my final moving arrangement all figured out! I will be living with Julia. Believe it or not, after all the stairs at the castle, I then moved from the 6th floor to the 3rd floor. Let's just say my legs will be sore in the morning. I am now all unpacked and we are all going out tonight! That's it for now, until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment